We are recruiting!
Senior Field Service Engineer required.
Senior Field Service Engineer
Seniority Level – Associate | Employment Type – Full-time
- Information Technology
This is an exciting opportunity within a rapidly expanding and extremely innovative company. The role mainly involves visiting customer sites across the UK and possible travel abroad to install and maintain/repair industrial vending machines. These are machines containing but not limited to items relevant to the industrial sector such as Personal Protective Equipment, MRO spares and Tooling Equipment. You will specialise in the Maintenance, Installation, repair and calibration of a range of vending machines in a diverse range of industrial settings. This will include diagnosing basic faults, repairs, replacing parts, performing preventative maintenance, and optimising the machines for accuracy and vending efficiency etc. You will also be required to set up, install and support rollouts of our various inventory management apps and supporting hardware.
The role would be working mostly on-site and act as the face of the business dealing directly with customers.
The company also produces a range of other hardware and software solutions to manage the inventory and asset management challenges faced by businesses. These include RFID, Bluetooth, Android and iOS apps. The data collected by all our solutions are aggregated in our bespoke Cloud Platform, Sourcerer. You will from time to time also be involved in the deployment of these solutions where required.
There is an element of the role where telephone support and fault finding will be required to verify whether a site visit is necessary.
Our HQ is in Solihull, West Midlands and there is a requirement to spend time in the office to learn about the range of solutions we offer as well as be able to effectively provide telephone support to our customers. As time progresses, the balance will shift from more office-based than field to be primarily field-based.
Responsibilities and Day to Day Duties:
- You will have strong implementation experience and excellent customer facing skills preferably in a PPE/MRO inventory management environment.
- Install, commission and set up vending machines and associated networking equipment on site including routers, Bluetooth gateways, Cellular modems etc.
- Competent PC skills required as the role involves an intermediate knowledge of IT and network configuration
- Perform pre-planned preventative maintenance services
- Attend re-active break down and repair call outs, aiming for a first-time fix on all equipment
- Attend sites within business agreed SLA’s
- Effective communication of issues, problems or solutions through escalation points
- Adherence to Warranty and Returns procedures
- Deliver customer and customer administrator training (e.g. operation of vending equipment and associated client facing software)
- Self-sufficient management of spare parts stock holding in vehicle
- To manage and supply timely paperwork, including full completion of service reports
- Professional in nature and drive to represent the business in a positive manner
- We are looking for engineers who are self-motivated, creative problem solver with a determination to keep the machines working to the highest standards ensuring customer satisfaction every time.
- Confidence with IT systems and basic networking skills such as configuring mobile routers, connection to Wireless Access Points, understanding of fundamentals such as DHCP, DNS etc.
- Knowledge of Linux is preferred but training will be provided
- Good interpersonal skills required as telephone support at times will be required
- Ability to adapt quickly to the changing requirements of the business as well as the customer
- A team player who is capable of supporting colleagues and customers
- To work with the Implementation Team including Customer Delivery Director to enable effective installation planning and scheduling of installations and support calls
- On offer is an excellent package that includes a good salary and benefits such as pension and healthcare, mobile phone and laptop as well as a company vehicle
- To apply you must have a FULL UK driving licence, ideally with no points.
- The Implementation team will continue to grow and there are exciting opportunities for career progression for the right candidate.
- This role will report to the Implementation and Field Support Director
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Continuous Development
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
Due to the COVID-19 situation, interviews would be via video call initially with a face-to-face interview to follow when permitted.
Please follow this link to apply – https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2009564345/, or email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.