The assembly line production of automobiles is extensively automated to improve efficiency and reduce costs. Consider the advantages of the same level of process automation on your indirect material supply chain and workflow.
The assembly line process in most automotive manufacturers is cutting edge. Lean manufacturing principles are used throughout the entire work-flow to reduce waste and inefficiencies. Inventor-e enables automotive manufacturers to take that same level of process automation used in the assembly line and apply it to the distribution and management of indirect materials.
Everything from MRO supplies to expensive hand tools can be distributed and monitored with the same level of lean principles that have made the assembly line what it is today.
Common Industry problems:
- Excessively high glove usage as there was no restriction on either the type or quantity of the item
- Stores have been left open at night and excessive stock been taken and not booked out. This included items that were not PPE.
- Stores operators spend most of their time issuing stock rather than focussing on value-added tasks
- Large walk around times of operators
- Stock isn’t available 24/7
An existing Automotive customer has introduced laundered gloves into their iVend solution as their operators were reluctant to accept these from the storeman, and users would insist on using new gloves. This solution means that operators are now only issued items from iVend, which eliminates the potential for confrontation.
Our Asset Management and Tracking Solutions let you know where your assets are at any time. No need for spreadsheets or messy paper records. The Inventor-e cloud based asset management solutions enable your business to track and control your assets in one central location.Find Out More